Your opinion needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There is such a wide range of camera kit out there that I've been thinking it would be a nice idea to have a better list of them with links. Currently it's in the Sticky in a post that has other information and only a few options are listed as I don't see everything and rely on members to point out valuable discussions.

What I'm thinking is to keep it in the Sticky but give it a whole post that is only links to various models with examples and discussions. But the bigger change would be a thread either in UW Photo main or under the sub categories for particular models...like this:

Canon A570 impressions & images or something as the title; then those who have an A570 would post a few photos and few short thoughts on the pros and cons. This thread could be expanded as new shots and new users are available.

The new sticky link would go there. So the Sticky would have links in a list like:
Canon aaa impressions & images
Sony xxxx impressions & images
SeaLife xxxx impressions & images
SeaLife yyy impressions & images
Nikon ssddd impressions & images
Fuji xoosh impressions & images

Of course, the sticky will continue to add longer discussions on models, too, as those are invaluable and outside the scope of the model thread which is mostly so people can see a nice range of images and maybe a little summary of pro/con in one place.

Ideas? thought? I know some of you have been talking with me about this so I'm trying to put it together in a way that is easy to understand! POTN already does this for Canon lenses if you want to take a look at a larger application of this theory...

Super idea. I've been to top side photo threads where you can search for member reviews on items in a single thread under lenses, then say brand, then type. Very efficient and allows a seeker to find information fast.

Agreed, this is a great idea. Makes researching models much easier!

Yes, Agreed, great Idea. (Perhaps Strobes too?)

Regards
Richard

Yes, Agreed, great Idea. (Perhaps Strobes too?)

Regards
Richard

Could be done...

Let's get some threads started and see how we go...

OK, I've put up two in the SeaLife area and two in Canon and a few DSLR lenses to kick us off!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom