Raja Ampat & Fakfak Trip March 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed_Dman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here are some of the shots I took, during my trip to Raja Ampat & Fakfak (16-28th March 2009).I was instantly blown away by the colors and beauty from both places. The diving there was excellent and the marine live is simply amazing. Definitely an eye opener...
I was on board the excellent MSY Seahorse and had the pleasure of diving with them. This is definitely one of the best LOB, I've ever been on. Excellent services and great hospitality. The quality of services range from the very professional and helpful crews to the delicious 5 star meals. I felt too pampered... Thanks a lot guys!

Enjoy and Happy Viewing the pictures... ^_^
* All pictures were taken with the Canon G10, Twin strobes (Z240 & D2000), DIY Dome Port & Macro Lenses.

img1x.jpg

img2431e.jpg

img2975i.jpg

img2529e.jpg

img2531x.jpg

Ed.

A few more... :D

img2466.jpg

img2550.jpg

img2756u.jpg

img2871.jpg

wpap200903260155small.jpg

Me and my DIY dome port for the OEM Canon housing... ^_^

Click below for the rest of the pictures of Part I:
Raja Ampat & Fak-fak Trip March 2009 (Part I)

Thanks for viewing and hope you all like them... :D

Ed.

Nice. Ditto on the Sunburst and Lionfish. I liked the Shark as well. Amazing colors on the reef! My favorite was the Frogfish with reflection.

Beautiful pics? So Ed do you have any tips about Raja Ampat, where to stay and what dive yours are avail? What was that boat you were on? Nice deck

Thanks guys! :)

Mjh - It's kinda hard to compare, as both have their beauties. However, the vis in Raja Ampat is slight better... I like both. :D

Gee13 - Go with a good boat (operator) and enjoy the trip. I was on board the MSY Seahorse and I would highly recommend them. Excellent boat & services. :wink:

Ed.

Awe Inspiring Shots Ed! Thanks for sharing.

Absolutely breathtaking shots, Ed, I especially like your sunball/sunburst behind the crinoid.

Can you tell us more about the DIY domeport?:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Beautiful pics? So Ed do you have any tips about Raja Ampat, where to stay and what dive yours are avail? What was that boat you were on? Nice deck

I'll chime in. There are two land based operators: 1) Papua Diving in Kri and 2) Misool Eco Resort. Both are located near great diving, but you are stuck diving that particular area.

There are at least 14 live-aboards plying the waters of Raja Ampat. Besides the Seahorse the list includes the following:

Seven Seas
Archipelago Adventurer II
Paradise Dancer
Ondina
Pindito
Arenui (new, yet to sail)
Cheng Ho (Kararu Dive Voyages)
Ocean Rover (one season scheduled)
Shakti
MSY Raja Ampat
Temu Kira
Bidadari
Putri Papua
Tarata
Nusatara

I'm comfortable recommending Seven Seas and AA II. Can't recommend the Ondina. Others have pros and cons, but mostly positive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom