Beware of Dive Chronicles photo contests!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Wow! Heck of a thread! I've thought about entering a few of these photo contests, but am now glad I never did. What a scam!

I think most organizations are on the up and up and you probably wouldn't have this type of problem. But it's sad there are a few scam artists like this around. One reason I posted this was because that very group, Dive Chronicles, has advertised their photo contests on this site. I just don't want to see others, in good faith, enter a contest by this group and then get the run around and double talk that Dive Chronicles seem to thrive on and never get their prize.

There is more to this than meets the eye. The Credit Card of the winner was declined for their entry. The prize is being re-awarded to the next in line. No tickey, no laundry.

You need to read the thread. What about the other winners who still haven't received their prize. And if the winner of the contest had their card rejected and no entry fee was paid, then why was their photo even in the competition? Wouldn't you have to have paid the fee to enter a photo? In one statement Brad Nolan says they don't take the AE credit card, then he says they ran the card and it was rejected. If they don't take AE, why run the card.

Sorry Doc, but actually there isn't anything more than what meets the eye here. What you read is what you get with this one. To many lies by Brad Nolan for most people to stomach.

There is more to this than meets the eye. The Credit Card of the winner was declined for their entry. The prize is being re-awarded to the next in line. No tickey, no laundry.

Got to agree here, read the complete thread. The contest has been very poorly run.

I read the thread and that is definitely not the impression I got, it seems like many people were having this problem of not getting a prize. One of my friends was one of the posters in the thread and I trust what she says.

Scott

I didn't read the thread... it's not on here! I did talk to one of the peeps involved with the show about the bogus card. I have no dog in this fight other than to mention that there are two sides to this story. I have done business with Brad and he has never bilked me out of money. In fact I trust him and consider him a friend. Perhaps the person in question can provide proof that their credit card was processed? THAT would prove Brad a fraud. Other than that, it's just someone trying to get something for nothing, which is pretty common nowadays.

Not to highjack this thread, but a few years back I won a small contest here on Scubaboard and never recieved my prize, contacted them a few months later as to my prize they (Scubaboard) apologised and said they would post it to me. (Still Waiting)

The following is the original message I received from Scubaboard back in 2005.

Congradulations, you're a winner in the 2005 Fall Diver Dude contest
Congratulations again, your entry to the diver dude photo contest was among the top 3 submissions. Unfortunately some technical issues have prevented us from displaying the vote totals but we have confirmed the scores internally. Thank you for entering and now for the best part... your prize!

ScubaBoard will be sending you a goodie bag filled with a small assortment of items. To do this we will need your full name, mailing address and the shirt size. We also will be creating a special badge that you can use in your account, I will inform you when this is complete. Please allow 4 weeks for your prizes to arrive.

Once again thank you for entering the contest and submitting your wonderful photo!

fergyjohn:depressed:

Wow Fergyjohn,
You are pretty patient. I know you wait for the mail everyday to get the prize. But be careful as staring into an empty mailbox for four years can cause you to develop tunnel vision.

What would it take to get Fergyjohn his prize?

I didn't read the thread... it's not on here! I did talk to one of the peeps involved with the show about the bogus card. I have no dog in this fight other than to mention that there are two sides to this story. I have done business with Brad and he has never bilked me out of money. In fact I trust him and consider him a friend. Perhaps the person in question can provide proof that their credit card was processed? THAT would prove Brad a fraud. Other than that, it's just someone trying to get something for nothing, which is pretty common nowadays.

Then maybe before you post you should take the time to read the thread. It will only take a few minutes. All the proof you need that Brad Nolan is a fraud is right there and you will be able to see numerous lies he has told in the process. There was no "bogus card" as you describe. You try and make it sound like the winner was the one being deceitful when it is just the opposite.

Maybe you should step up to the plate and let Dive Chronicles know that before you will continue to do business with them they need to clean up their reputation. The dog is there Doc, maybe you just don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom