Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware of Dive Chronicles photo contests!

Registered

Waiting for the next
    adventure.....

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos

Beware of Dive Chronicles photo contests!

Just to give you folks a heads-up, be aware that if you enter a photo contest sponsored by Dive Chronicles/Brad Nolan, there is a very good chance you won't get your prize if you win. Be on the lookout for this crowd. And don't take my word for it. Just read the following link:

Non-receipt of prizes from photo contest - Wetpixel :: Underwater Photography Forums

Too bad folks like this are around to scam people.

Registered

Maybe, just maybe ...
    NOVEMBER?

Dives
    200 - 499
    Wow! Heck of a thread! I've thought about entering a few of these photo contests, but am now glad I never did. What a scam!
    Kat

Registered

Waiting for the next
    adventure.....

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    I think most organizations are on the up and up and you probably wouldn't have this type of problem. But it's sad there are a few scam artists like this around. One reason I posted this was because that very group, Dive Chronicles, has advertised their photo contests on this site. I just don't want to see others, in good faith, enter a contest by this group and then get the run around and double talk that Dive Chronicles seem to thrive on and never get their prize.

Registered

Waiting for the next
    adventure.....

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by NetDoc View Post
    There is more to this than meets the eye. The Credit Card of the winner was declined for their entry. The prize is being re-awarded to the next in line. No tickey, no laundry.
    You need to read the thread. What about the other winners who still haven't received their prize. And if the winner of the contest had their card rejected and no entry fee was paid, then why was their photo even in the competition? Wouldn't you have to have paid the fee to enter a photo? In one statement Brad Nolan says they don't take the AE credit card, then he says they ran the card and it was rejected. If they don't take AE, why run the card.

Sorry Doc, but actually there isn't anything more than what meets the eye here. What you read is what you get with this one. To many lies by Brad Nolan for most people to stomach.

Registered

self-aggrandizing fool

Up a river of excrement in a native american water vessel without any means of propulsion
    Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    There is more to this than meets the eye. The Credit Card of the winner was declined for their entry. The prize is being re-awarded to the next in line. No tickey, no laundry.
    Got to agree here, read the complete thread. The contest has been very poorly run.
    4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    I read the thread and that is definitely not the impression I got, it seems like many people were having this problem of not getting a prize. One of my friends was one of the posters in the thread and I trust what she says.

Scott

Chairman of the Board

is dreamin about diving.

Photos
    I didn't read the thread... it's not on here! I did talk to one of the peeps involved with the show about the bogus card. I have no dog in this fight other than to mention that there are two sides to this story. I have done business with Brad and he has never bilked me out of money. In fact I trust him and consider him a friend. Perhaps the person in question can provide proof that their credit card was processed? THAT would prove Brad a fraud. Other than that, it's just someone trying to get something for nothing, which is pretty common nowadays.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos

Re Photo contests

Not to highjack this thread, but a few years back I won a small contest here on Scubaboard and never recieved my prize, contacted them a few months later as to my prize they (Scubaboard) apologised and said they would post it to me. (Still Waiting)

The following is the original message I received from Scubaboard back in 2005.

Congradulations, you're a winner in the 2005 Fall Diver Dude contest
    Congratulations again, your entry to the diver dude photo contest was among the top 3 submissions. Unfortunately some technical issues have prevented us from displaying the vote totals but we have confirmed the scores internally. Thank you for entering and now for the best part... your prize!

ScubaBoard will be sending you a goodie bag filled with a small assortment of items. To do this we will need your full name, mailing address and the shirt size. We also will be creating a special badge that you can use in your account, I will inform you when this is complete. Please allow 4 weeks for your prizes to arrive.

Once again thank you for entering the contest and submitting your wonderful photo!

fergyjohn

Olympus C5050, Oly PT-015, Inon WAL, Inon D180 Strobe

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Wow Fergyjohn,
    You are pretty patient. I know you wait for the mail everyday to get the prize. But be careful as staring into an empty mailbox for four years can cause you to develop tunnel vision.

What would it take to get Fergyjohn his prize?

Registered

Waiting for the next
    adventure.....

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos
    I didn't read the thread... it's not on here! I did talk to one of the peeps involved with the show about the bogus card. I have no dog in this fight other than to mention that there are two sides to this story. I have done business with Brad and he has never bilked me out of money. In fact I trust him and consider him a friend. Perhaps the person in question can provide proof that their credit card was processed? THAT would prove Brad a fraud. Other than that, it's just someone trying to get something for nothing, which is pretty common nowadays.
    Then maybe before you post you should take the time to read the thread. It will only take a few minutes. All the proof you need that Brad Nolan is a fraud is right there and you will be able to see numerous lies he has told in the process. There was no "bogus card" as you describe. You try and make it sound like the winner was the one being deceitful when it is just the opposite.

Maybe you should step up to the plate and let Dive Chronicles know that before you will continue to do business with them they need to clean up their reputation. The dog is there Doc, maybe you just don't see it.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast