photo processing software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandie

Reaction score
DH got his Oly 5050, and PT-015 at the dinner last night (given as a thankyou, as previously discussed). He's very absorbed, reading the manual/playing with the buttons.
Help I got here was instrumental in selecting not only these for the gift, but the battery charger that I got last night, along with a 30x CF, 256mB card.
Working with Camedia 4.0, but a little disappointed by lack of tutorial and limited success in finding answers in Help (imho). Is this the software most of the 5050/4040 users are using? How about the incredible color corrections I've seen done here, with pulling color out of a greened out picture? Don't want to spend $$$ on photoshop yet, nor to spend the large amount of time to learn this extensive program.

What are you all using?

You don't need the full Photoshop program! Alot of us use Photoshop Elements. It does everything I need it to do with my photos. I've heard it is Photoshop Lite...just doesn't have all the graphic art stuff in it.

Retail is $99 but you can usually find it on sale or with rebates.

JASC PaintShop Pro 7... about $70 and you can download it for free to use for about 30 days.

OK - I just checked on their website... they have version eight now for $99.

Hello,

I use the full version of photoshop, accept no others as it's the only way to go.

Ed

Ed...I have to disagree. You may prefer the full Photoshop program but it's not the only way to go.

Alot of us either don't have or refuse to spend $600-700 dollars for that program for what we use it for. The $99 Elements allows the basic tools for tweaky and manipulating photos. Adjusting brightness/contrast, levels, cropping, stamping out backscatter, sizing, saving options, etc. doesn't require the full PS program.

Hello,

Let me rephrase, photoshop elements is good, the full version of photoshop is just as good for this application. I would not recomend any non-photoshop program for any serious imaging.

Ed

sandie once bubbled...
What can Photoshop Elements do that Jasc Paintshop Pro 8.0 can't?

I have no idea what Paintshop Pro can do so I can't answer that. I do know I've heard others says they use PP and like it just fine.

Hello,

the difference is photoshop has far superior image manipulation tools and designed around those who can draw while paint shop is designed for those who can't draw.

Ed

It is incorrect that Paintshop pro is for people who can't draw. As a matter of fact it includes the capability to convert between raster and vector mode, full layering, animation, AND it can use all of Photoshops plug-ins.

Just try it - it's a free download to try but at 1/4 of the price of photoshop if you decide to buy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom