Anti fog on housing lens reducing fog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a problem with my camera housing. I have to open the housing in between dives to change the battery's because i take 200-290 pictures a dive and it kills my battery's and every time i do i end up fogging my lens is can i put defogger on it to keep it from fogging up?

Think it would be better to insert silica packets to absorb the moisture.

I would not. N

Don't use defog on the inside of the housing lens. If you don't clean it off properly, every single picture will be affected.

Assemble the camera inside the UW housing in an air-conditioned room. The air inside is de-humidified. Avoid opening/closing the housing on a boat in the humid Florida air.

Arguably, a better course of action is to be more selective with your shots. 200-290 photos per dive for a recreational diver is on the high side.

Don't use defog on the inside of the housing lens. If you don't clean it off properly, every single picture will be affected.

Assemble the camera inside the UW housing in an air-conditioned room. The air inside is de-humidified. Avoid opening/closing the housing on a boat in the humid Florida air.

Arguably, a better course of action is to be more selective with your shots. 200-290 photos per dive for a recreational diver is on the high side.

--

Bubbletrubble

Agree with you on the "Don't use defog" inside the housing - but I've found when putting a camera in and closing housing in an aircon cooled room (or car) - and then heading into warmer humid air or water, it would fog up the inside of the housing - subsequently I now make sure the camera/open housing is at least allowed to warm up to ambient before closing housing.