Pics from Lang Tengah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gno

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some amateur pics taken without filters nor correction by photoshop. Haven't had the time to meddle with it yet.

It's at http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/gno70

Comments are most appreciated, good or bad!!

Just want to learn from experience and the experts.

Gno:)

mom's 40th brithday and baby sally's first day :eek:ut:

deep_ocean,

Did you click on "My photos" on the left side of the page?

Please let me know if you still can't. I may have to upload a few of the pics then.

Thanks!!
:)

Gno...I didn't see 'My Photos' anywhere. I checked in your albums, still nothing. Just a message saying album is empty.

Dear Dee & everybody,

I've finally solved the problem. I forgot to edit the settings to share the pics with the public!:D

So sorry!!! In my eagerness to participate and share, I forgot the settings for sharing!!

Please click on "My photos" to see the pics now.

and your comments too please!!:wink:

Which camera set-up are you using?

The clownfish in the anemone was my favorite...if you go in and rotate it about 90 degrees! :wink:

Try to get closer, and shoot down on your subject less...it just makes the whole picture look flat. Try to shoot slightly up at your subject but that's usually a bit hard to do. A shot on their level is what I usually look for.

With no strobe, you're restricted to your internal flash which is only good for about 2ft in front of the camera. Past that, you know you'll get the blue so make it work for you.

Dee,

I'm using the Canon S30 with the WCP-DC300 underwater housing. Somehow, I feel that the Oly users have more advantages over other brands i.e. availability of parts and accessories. Even getting the bayonet filters from S&S is a problem. Sigh!!!!

I have rotated the pic as requested. :D

Yes, as you would noted in the pics, I don't have a strobe yet!. I was looking at the S&S YS90 or the Inon D50 or wazit the Ikelite DS-125 but they are all very costly here. Costs as much as my entire setup!!

Anyway, unless and until the strobes get cheaper (still praying hard!), I have resigned myself to the fact that as I only dive about 5 times a year, I will settle for the blueishness of my pics without the expensive strobes. Sigh!! again

Aaar!!!!! Good advice vis-a-vis not shooting downwards!! Thanks.

Sometimes when trying to shoot at their level, I find that the sun is always in the background making it harder to take the pic. Whenever I move to have the sun behind me, the clownfish then refuses to pose!! Cheeky fellas!!!!!

Thanks for the comments Dee!!

Gno

I know how you feel, seems the strobe is almost the most costly part of our whole rig. Then there's so many differences in the choices you have, you always question whether you spent your money as wisely as you could have!

I'm not that familiar with the Canon but Cecil is one of our members and hopefully he'll chime in with some tips for you. I know the internal flash on my Olypus C-4040 is very intense and I've gotten quite a few really great pics with it. If you like macro shots, you'll be fine! :) There's a filter available, I hope for your Canon, that helps with those reef scenes and wide angle shots. It's no replacement for a strobe but it can help with colors in shallow depths working with ambient light.

Just keep in mind that it's the eye behind the camera that makes the picture, not the camera itself! You can make or break any picture with the composition of it. So learn all you can, practice all you can and do all you can...can't do more than that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom