Dark border on all of my pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laurel0000

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an ikelite 35 and have noticed a black border which shows up as a half circle on the left side of my picture. It seems as if I'm taking a picture from a tube. The camera is seated correctly in the housing. I have a filter on the camera flash and I use a strobe. I thought maybe the strobe wasn't lighting up the left side of the field but the border is dark, like it was never even exposed. Any of you have this problem? Any ideas?

It sounds like your flash may not be angled correctly. It would help if you can post the picture. Also what was the distance to the subject?
:snorkel:ScubaRon

could be a couple of things. post an example.

um, as a sample answer - this is simple but all to common, is your finger in the way??

James connell once bubbled...
....is your finger in the way??

LOL...that was my first thought! You say you're using a filter? Is it seated properly?

A photo of what you're talking about would sure help!

Look at the water correcting lens mounted inside of the housing. This may have been pushed off center, blocking part of the lens. Look in from front of housing with camera installed. Lens should be centered in the holder for the internal lens............

Back
Top Bottom