Sony DSC-P10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakjar

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the best strobe that will work with the P-10 and its housing?

I don't know what the best strobe is but here's a way you could set it up.

Sea & Sea

It's a little out of date, but so is most Sea & Sea info.
This is actually current on their site.

There's a new chart in their new catalog, shows models up to the P9, but good luck finding a copy.

The conversion adapter for the P9 also fits the PHA.
Part #58101

The are a few other companies that make similar adapters and sync cords.
I'm not sure which they are.
If you do a search, as you apparently did, you should be able to find them.

The camera has worked, the pictures come out good and I would still like a strobe.

I have the P10 and the Sony housing with the following Sea and Sea items:
YS-90 Auto strobe
Fiber optic sync cord
Sea Arm VI
Multi Base Set

This set up worked very good for me as a novice in underwater photography. One thing I don't like is the battery life of the camera. It is just not quite long enough for 2 dives and I am hesitate to open the housing and change battery on the boat in between dives. Hopefully Sony will come up something with a larger capacity.

I dive with mine and only turn on the camera when I want to shoot a picture. This seems to work fine since I can take my camera on two dives and still have plenty of power left.

My camera was powered up the whole time. I didn't turn it on and off because I didn't want to wait for ~5 seconds for the camera to start up, especially when I want to shoot a picture with a moving object (fish...). Maybe I should try it next time. Does it take more power to turn the camera on than just leave it on all the time? (Say I take a picture every other minute or two.)

I'm with Rob, I cycle the power and you can get two dives easy. You have to be preemptive with the power, meaning if you think you have a shot cycle the power while lining up the camera. By the time you have the subject lined up the camera is on and the LCD lights up. I normally stow the camera in a BC strap and I hit the power button while pulling it out.

The reason I love digital is because you can take pics of everything under the sun or water in this case. Since you don't have to worry about how they turn out take all you can.

However, on my dives, I don't take pics every minute or so. I will take a group of pics and then let the camera auto off go to work. Many times there are plenty of things to photograph but just how many pics of the same animal can you have.

Take the pics, as many as you want but when you don't see anything to shoot, turn it off. I don't think you use any more power turning it on and off. To me, if you are just diving and having the camera on all the time, that is a waste of power.

Like I said, I get atleast two dives and have plenty of power after that.

Have a great day and send some pics.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom