Lens Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Canon EOS 10D. I'm looking at probably getting the Ikelite housing when it finally comes out.

The only lens I currently have is a 28-300mm, so I need to get a wide angle lens for UW shots.

I'm looking at a 15-30mm. It has a none removable hood, though. Will this be a problem when I try to put the camera in a housing?

To the best of my knowlwdge, with all Ikelite's housings, the lens is mounted to the outside of the housing. I may be wrong about this new one.

Ikelite makes many different size ports to accomodate a wide range of lens for DSLR cameras.

I would strongly recommend that you give them a call about your lenses. You'll probably need to know the overall sizes of the one you've already got and the overall sizes of the the WA zoom that has the lens hood attached.

They are very service oriented and available for questions.

Karl

Dee the EOS 10D is a digital SLR, so the lense would attach to the camera, and you would need a lens port on the housing.

Well DUH....I knew that! Don't know why but I was thinking lenses for their digi-cam. Sorry for my faux paux...
:hiding:

Hmmm.... so you spent $1600 dollars on a camera body and went out and bought a $300 piece of dog diahrreah 28-300? Get a good lens for that good camera.

The way I hear, the 15-30 is decent.

Hello,

If you want wide angle then look no further than the canon 20/2.8 EF lens, this lens is sharp enough to cut diamons and you'll be very happy with the results. This is the lens I use and very happy with it. Also with this lens you do not need the stupid 4x diopter.

With ike housings you can put most practical lens in the housing but you may not be able to accomidate the focus/zoom gear.

Ed

What exactly is the problem with the 28-300?

I'm not talking about using that lens fo UW shots.

Back
Top Bottom