Intova Sport Pro. Anyone get their hands on one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keesmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had an Intova Sport Pro in hand yet?
Leisure Pro expects them in on Monday and I'm going on a 10 day trip to Curacao and Bonaire in the beginning of April.
Intova Sport Pro Waterproof HD Video Digital Camera
I'd like to get either this or the Go Pro Hero 2, but I understand I'd need an underwater fix if I get the Go Pro.
Can someone run down the differences for me in layman's terms?
Also, would it make sense to get the red filter for this?
Intova Red Filter 52mm Slip On
Lastly, what size card and what speed should I have as a minimum?
My guess is I don't need much more than 2.5 hours of shooting at one time, but I'd be happy to get a 32G card if that seems the smartest.

I have one on order from the LDS here. It will take about two to three weeks to make it to me though. If you are going to be in OW, then yes get the red filter. AS for the card, it already has built in 32G, but adding more would never hurt. I use a 16G with my GoPro HD Hero 2, and it works fine. I do not video an entire dive anymore because the files are way to big to edit and just take up too much room. Hopefully in two weeks I can have a nice side by side comparison of what I like and dislike about each.

Thanks James.
Mine is ordered as well. I hope to have it before April 4th.
The internal memory is 32MB, so an external card is needed regardless.
What do the categories for the memory cards mean?
Speed?
As per the Leisure pro site:
4GB SDHC CLASS 4 or above is recommended.

It seems that cards up to class 10 are reasonably priced and available.
Is there a reason to get a class 10, or will class 4 suffice.
My guess is I intend to shoot at the highest resolution.

I have a Intova Sport Pro 1080P video camera and love it. A 16G micro SD card will give you 3.5 hours of video. The battery will last 2.5 hours with the LCD off, but I leave it on and get plenty of time. Always get the highest class flash memory card for the smoothest video. I get class 10, and at Fry's they are only about $12.00-$16.00. I don't use a red filter because I don't want to be removing it and putting it back on at various depths.(Not used on the surface or above 20 feet.) I just use my video making program to adjust for any color problems. It takes very little light to get really good video. In fact my old 70 watt home made high intensity LCD light is often too much light. I've compaired the quality of this camera to go Pro and they are about the same. Intova also have good customer support. Follow the instructions carefully when opening and closing the housing; it seals very tightly. They tell you how to use the locking red clasp to open and close the housing. Be sure and do so or you will not be able to open it.

Thanks for the replies.
With the help of a few people at Intova and Leisure Pro, i was able to get the camera in hand just before my trip.
The videos and pictures are posted here:
keesmon - YouTube
I did not have the red filter with me, but have since added it and will use it in the future.
Please note that they have renamed this the Sport HD now and have added some things like a manual white balance setting and changed some of the hardware.
I think it's a fun little camera and it will be in my BC pocket on all my future dives, just in case something cool comes along.

Last edited:
this video cam is handy and easy to used. i used a red filter when i dive more than 20 feet. I have a youtube link which i took with a green sea turtle at 80 feet.

sea turtle in laguindingan, philippines - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom