Best Wide-Angle Wet Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amir Stern

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I own the Canon S100 with Ikelite housing and Panasonic LX-5 in Nauticam, i want to get a new w/a lens..
The inon uwl-h100 is amazing and i want to add the dome port for it, but i'm not sure if it worth the cost and i'm
not sure is it will will work perfect with the s100 and the lx-5... both 24mm lens...
what do you think? is it really get from 100degree to 150degree view?
Thank you

I recall Reef Photo saying here on Scubaboard that the UWL-H100 dome port doesn't work with LX5, you'll get vignetting. Try searching on the Panasonic forum. Probably the same with S100, since it's 24mm also.

I own the Canon S100 with Ikelite housing and Panasonic LX-5 in Nauticam, i want to get a new w/a lens..
The inon uwl-h100 is amazing and i want to add the dome port for it, but i'm not sure if it worth the cost and i'm
not sure is it will will work perfect with the s100 and the lx-5... both 24mm lens...
what do you think? is it really get from 100degree to 150degree view?
Thank you

You won't find out there many people in your same situation and there are plenty of things that will work with one very well and less with your other housing

I recommend you call a shop and get the low down. Cameras underwater in UK are probably the best bet for Egypt

the bluewater WA110 is a great lens with the S100/Ike combo.

the bluewater WA110 is a great lens with the S100/Ike combo.

He is looking for a semi fisheye that works with both cameras, only the Inon accepts a dome and goes beyond wide angle...

Hence my comment about the WA110 and Ike housing. If he had an Ike for the LX5, that WA110 would be great for that as well but it looks like he will have pick one or the other

I should say the M67 inon uwlh100 should work with the Ike as well tho

I use the Ikelite W-20 w/a lens and the dyron 20mm but i need to set the cameras to 35mm (with w-20) :( , i tested the Inon H100 with the s100 and the lx-5 and it's amazing lens! i want to add the dome but i'll get some vignetting..
i still think that the lx-5 (or S100) with the inon dome at 28mm (about 140degree) will be wider than lx-5 (or S100) with H100 on 24mm(100 degree)...
what do you think?

In theory yes but why not drop a line to Ryan at reefphoto they say there are problems with the dome and you want to find out what they are before spending the money
Inon uwlh doesn't vignette at 24 with your two housing according to people that have tested it

doesn't vignette with the lx-5 in nauticam housing but the s100 in ikelite get abit vignette i neet to set to 26mm, it's still very wide..
i wrote reefphoto in the FB page.. still didn't answered..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom