Ikelite - Cracked Housings for Canon S100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

modustollens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Tried to order one of these for my Canon S100:

Underwater Housing for Canon Digital Cameras

I say 'tried' for when the housing arrived at the retailer the retailer inspected it and found a crack in the housing's door hinge; so, they would not sell it to me. Instead they immediately ordered a new one from Iklite. But it too had a crack in the same place; so the retailer would not sell it to me.

Given that I was leaving the country before the retailer could try to get a third housing I am without a housing for my camera.

On the dive boat there was some random guy who was my instant buddy who had the very same camera as I and the very same housing that I had tried to acquire. His housing too was cracked, albeit slightly, along the housing's hinge.

So, is this a consistent pattern with Iklite housings in general or an aberrant batch of S-100 housings?

Hopefully I can get a housing for my camera for my next dive trip.

Thanks,

MT

Are you sure it was a crack and not a casting mark. When I first got my Olympus housing, I thought it was cracked. It turned out to be a ridge from the casting process that looked like a crack. On the other hand, my Olympus strobe housing has a number of stress fractures in one area that look bad, but have never caused any problem. You might inquire with Ikelite.

Actually, I did not even see the housing - the retailer was in another town and was to deliver the housing to me. But they sell housings and all sorts of other dive gear so I am sure they would see the difference between the casting or injection moulding lines and a crack. Plus, the housing I saw on the boat with my instant buddy was certainly not a moulding remnant.

One day I will get one.

I was able to rent the camera on the dive boat to snap a few things so I was not without pictures.

Thanks,

MT

Back
Top Bottom