Inexpensive stackable close-up lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I purchased a $30.95 +5 close-up 67mm lens from
B&H Photo
to attach to my PT-010 housing to capture those very tiny critters.
This is a comparison with and without the close-up lens in Macro and Super Macro modes.
Are the results worth carrying this lens around underwater?

closeup.jpg

Will it work underwater - with water between the housing port and the close up lens?

Thanks for posting the results. I would have thought that the lens should give more magnification than that, but maybe it's different underwater. But for such a good price, the lens may be worth it compared to the $200-400 for the Inon lenses.

I'll take it on the next dive and post some comparisons. It is not designed as an underwater lens but others have used them.

I'll stick with an Inon macro lens I'm thinkin'...

~Matt Segal

Gilligan, I certainly am curious about the result. From previous threads, someone did mention that with land close-up lens, diopter +6 will become only +1 underwater (or was it +4 become +1) or something like that. However the price is right. With dedicated Inon UW macro lens, single lens did not give that much more magnification either which was the reason why I ended up shelling out more scubabucks for 2 macro lens.

Hmmm....not as much magnification as I thought. I can't wait to see what the difference is underwater. Thanks for the comparison.

Just another lens to carry around for my SLR :~) !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom