New $65 housing for Gopro Hero 2 or buy a Gopro Hero 3 white?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overshoot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Unfortunately, the stock Gopro Hero 2 housing has a shaped lens cover that prevents it from properly focusing underwater. One solution is to purchase a new housing with a flat lens cover:

Amazon.com: GoPro Dive Housing for HERO Cameras: Camera & Photo

By the time I drop $65 on a housing I'd come close to breaking even on Craigs-listing my Hero 2 and buying a Hero 3 White for $199.

Yes, I can up the ante and just go for the Hero 3 Silver for $299 but that isn't the question I'm thinking about today.

Any thoughts?
Paul

I have both gopro2 and silver3, recently bought dive housing for gopro2 from gopro site for $30 and very happy with it, i use my gopro2 more now, video quality is pretty awesome

Hero 3 White = Original Hero
Hero 3 Silver = Hero2
There is no benefit getting an Hero 3 silver actually battery life is worst and you now have microSD
Buy a housing for the Hero2 you can find them at $29-49 elsewhere not on amazon

I have both gopro2 and silver3, recently bought dive housing for gopro2 from gopro site for $30 and very happy with it, i use my gopro2 more now, video quality is pretty awesome

Any chance you might have a link for the Hero 2 dive housing you are talking about?
I can't find it on the Gopro site. They might not carry it any more.

There are screw on flat lens available but some don't have good reviews.

Back
Top Bottom