Sea snake or eel??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wiley

Reaction score
uw_gallery.asp

I haven't run accross this guy before. I found him diggin' in the sand off Saba. What is he??

(This is my first attempt at posting from my website so bear with me if it doesn't work the first time)

I guess my website can't be linked properly to SB. I guess you have to just go to page 5 on my site. Upper left and lower right.... Sorry again.
www.underwaterphotoshop.com

Another vote for eel. Very cool. Have only seen them at night myself.

It's a snake eel. There are no sea snakes in the Caribbean. They do move and look very much like snakes.

My guess is an eel. I'm no marine biology expert, but I don't think sea snakes have a large dorsal fin running down their back.

The common name is "snake eel" and if you look close while the snake eel is swimming by you, you'll notice the beautiful irridescent blue scrawl on its head. I've seen many of these through out the Carribean.

Caymaniac

Back
Top Bottom