Iphone 5C Underwater Case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl_

Registered
Reaction score
I had a Lifeproof case and water got in. Does anyone know a good waterproof that could go atleast 7 feet down.

The Pro version is rated at 195ft

Ha! ha! Like any "pro" photographer would take an iPhone down to 195 feet to take photos. Please. iPhone cameras are for taking selfies at parties. They're very, very limited in what they do (and I own one). They're not underwater cameras.

The iPix iPhone 5 case is good to 200'. Very durable.
i-Pix-1.jpg
$119.95

I didn't get to this meeting due to my mother's birthday, but I'm sure John would disagree.

I'm sure there are several people that would disagree. And then they'd show these really good photos that were all taken under absolutely perfect, ideal conditions for that silly camera phone. Change ONE thing in that environment and every photo in the set would be crap.

Replace a DSLR with a camera phone? That's laughable. A DSLR is all about flexibility. It can get outstanding photos under lots of different circumstances. The camera phone is a one-trick-pony and that one trick is mighty thin.

Uhh, I didn't hear anyone say they'd replace their DSLR with an iPhone...??

I think for casual videos they can do an ok job, especially if you add a w/a lens and maybe some lighting.

The most interesting thing of taking an iphone underwater would be wireless control of your camera but waves travel badly in water :depressed:

.....The camera phone is a one-trick-pony and that one trick is mighty thin.
More tricks are on the way :wink:

BTW
"smartphone camera vs DSLR" reminds me of the "dive computers vs tables" debate :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom