Any way of getting a small scratch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
'off'(center-upper) UWL-04 Fisheye lens??.....Seem to only notice it on videos(haven't had any 'problems' on stills)......TIA......

This lens.....
Fisheye-FIX-UWL-04.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch Larry!!..will need to try it...

I had that same lens some years ago, before using Aquatica domes, housings, etc. I've had great luck with Novus with both.

I have seen those old Flickr sets of some of the repairs. The small scratches were still there and now you have a lens without the coating that will scratch more. The UWL-04 has got quite a few issues with aberrations and I would leave it be. But good luck with polishing it if you go for it

Novus and micro mesh are for acrylic and the UWL-04 dome is not acrylic is hard coated plastic
Camera shops that sell those kits in UK don't recommend use on coated surfaces

I have seen those old Flickr sets of some of the repairs. The small scratches were still there and now you have a lens without the coating that will scratch more. The UWL-04 has got quite a few issues with aberrations and I would leave it be. But good luck with polishing it if you go for it

Novus and micro mesh are for acrylic and the UWL-04 dome is not acrylic is hard coated plastic
Camera shops that sell those kits in UK don't recommend use on coated surfaces

Thinking I'll leave it alone.......Take very little video & so far it hasn't bothered my stills....Thanks everyone for your input(s)...

Back
Top Bottom