GoPro Filters: Snake River vs. Polar Pro vs. ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, I'm new to the site- found it while searching for discussions about Filters- both for underwater use and above sea level as well. I'm kitting up a couple of GoPros (a 3 and a 3+) for production and am looking for guidance in the decision between Snake River Filters and Polar Pro Filters. I'm interested in underwater colour correction (and have noticed Polar Pro is straight red and magenta while Snake River are more orange? any thoughts on this?) as well as macro, ND and Polarizer options. I am typically using the GoPros in the bigger casing that allows for the LCD screen and/or backpack battery. I've seen some discussions that mention the ease of combining Snake River Filters and I prefer to use glass than plastic in front of the lens. Price isn't really an issue- I'm more concerned with getting the best results and ease of use. If anyone has any insight, I'd be mighty appreciative.

Thanks!

I use the Polar Pro for my GoPro and have been very happy with it. Just finished a 10-night Southern Caribbean cruise where we dove multiple locations. Video turned out great. They also have PHENOMENAL customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom