Precision Dome Port... It's stuck!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

havnmonkey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I've been happily shooting with my Olympus pt-ep06 and Precision dome port for a few months now. Last week I bought the Oly 60mm macro and decided to switch ports back to the original flat port so I can shoot some macro.... Well, I can't get the dome port off! It's in there pretty tight and refuses to twist at all.

i sent an email to blue water and am awaiting a reply, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Probably the o-ring has glued itself in place and tension between the port and body are keeping it from turning. I have that problem periodically with my Sea & Sea extension. I use a canvas strap wrench (like an oil filter wrench) carefully padded with a shop towel while having my son hold the housing body tightly with two hands against his chest. Another solution might be to pack some padded ice around the port while insulating the housing to shrink it a bit.

The strap wrench approach (with or without son involved) is your best bet.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom