GoPro Shot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cris Magsino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys! want to share with you a GoPro shot I did recently on a dive. I just had my certification and I'm loving the fact that I can do both things that I love… the sea and photography. This is a combination of two shots, the upper part which is the sea surface and the lower diver/reef part.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 239
do you really have to watermark rather common, low-res pictures like this one? I can understand the extra effort if you are posting something spectacular and with good resolution but in cases like this it always baffles me.

Oh sorry bout that, i did the watermark on a medium res file i posted on my page. Its just when i posted the same image here (screen capture from an ipad) the watermark is there already. Its not that distracting though.

Congrats on joining the world of underwater photography Cris!
Nice shot.
Remember that if you would like to get good still shots, GoPro is not the "weapon of choice". In the long term its recommended to advance to a good camera + housing and adding strobes as well to get great natural colors.

Good luck!

Thanks Ran, for the warm welcome :) i know what you mean. i am new to both scuba diving and underwater photography. While i am getting to improve my scuba skills, i am playing with a gopro at the moment because investing on the underwater gear is no joke. Casings for both the d800 and d90 is outrageous (which i use) as well as the strobes. Hopefully i get to improve fast on my scuba skills fast hehehe

Hi guys! want to share with you a GoPro shot I did recently on a dive. I just had my certification and I'm loving the fact that I can do both things that I love… the sea and photography. This is a combination of two shots, the upper part which is the sea surface and the lower diver/reef part.

Cris I love your picture and the rest you have on your website. Did you take the underwater pictures using the GoPro still images mode?

Cris I love your picture and the rest you have on your website. Did you take the underwater pictures using the GoPro still images mode?

Thank you so much Loren :) the gopro images i play with are screen grabs from video clips i took at 1080p setting.

Cris,

Welcome to the wonderful world of UW Photography. I'm starting back in my self.

Pretty dang decent shot for the first try underwater. Much better than my first tries back in the bad old film days.

You have embedded your copyright info. Hopefully you've also included in the JPG info as well. That's always a smart thing. Good habit to get into and it should be on every image. The only time you shouldn't have it, is if you've sold rights to use it, and even then you should have it in the JPG/TIFF/RAW info.

A "water mark" would be right through the center of the image intended to make the image useless to anyone who would like to steal it. I agree water mark is over kill, but copyright info should be there.

Cris,

Welcome to the wonderful world of UW Photography. I'm starting back in my self.

Pretty dang decent shot for the first try underwater. Much better than my first tries back in the bad old film days.

You have embedded your copyright info. Hopefully you've also included in the JPG info as well. That's always a smart thing. Good habit to get into and it should be on every image. The only time you shouldn't have it, is if you've sold rights to use it, and even then you should have it in the JPG/TIFF/RAW info.

A "water mark" would be right through the center of the image intended to make the image useless to anyone who would like to steal it. I agree water mark is over kill, but copyright info should be there.

Thank you for the info and compliment :)

Back
Top Bottom