Best Setting for Dark Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Guerrero

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an Intova Sport HD II, and was out at the lake shooting some video. The videos turned out pretty crappy, but that's partly because I'm a crappy videographer, and partly because I don't have a suitable light at the moment. At any rate, I think I should be adjusting the settings on my camera as well, as the video was quite dark.

Can anyone recommend some good settings for me? I have a violet filter on it to help with the green.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks. I'm buying a light from Andrewy here on scubaboard. 3000 lumen and 2hr burn time on full blast for only $425 (includes and extra battery). He has them listed in the classified section for lights.

I'm really looking for camera setting recommendations. Also, I'm diving deep (past 150') in a lake that has good visibility but is very dark at depth. Does the magenta filter do anything for me at that depth or will the color be restored with the light by itself?

Mike

When you video with a light, don't use colored filters. What lake are you diving?

---------- Post added July 28th, 2014 at 06:41 PM ----------

Fit videolight 2400 pro is the best value light that i know.

Maybe in Indonesia, but there are much better choices available in the states.

It's not wasted. If you are using it up in the shallower, well lit areas (like 30ft or depending on clarity) you will want it.

Where are you diving on TR? I liked the lake but there isn't much to see besides rocks (that I have ever found). There is a cabin cruiser at about 30 in the Indian Point marina, and the wreck of the "zubulon" (that isn't really the zebulon) a few minutes north of IP.

I went diving with Joe out of Indian Point Dive Center. Great tech shop. We dove Jake's Point (I think that's what it's called) and the crack. There's a boat down about 165' at Jake's Point. There's another boat that has 2 decks and is about 90' long in 100' of water somewhere. Planning to hit that one next time and then the forest. Joe's shop is awesome and I love the cave fills on my LP85s.

I'll have to keep Joe in mind!

There's no other shop you need to go to. Trimix, continuous blending, booster, specially built 28' pontoon boat, great prices, and the list goes on.

If you're diving deep get rid of the filter. You won't get enough light and your video will be grainy. You can white balance in post process to lose some of the green. Use the lowest speed to get more light for the same quality. A tripod or monopod will help you hold the camera still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom