Greetings from Hong Kong - Some Videos to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am an active Scuba Diver in Hong Kong. I would like to share some videos I have taken during some of my diving adventures here.

For people who haven't dived in Hong Kong before then here is some background;

Visibility on a good day is around 6-8m. On a bad day can be 1-2m. This is off course one big reason why when people scuba dive here there's hardly anything to see. Infact Hong Kong marine life is abundant but you have to go searching and hunting for it as you literally cant see from any sort of distance.

The corals in Hong Kong have steadily started to grow back now that awareness of marine protection is widely accepted and on government agendas.

The poor visibility together with indifferent currents at surface and below make Hong Kong actually an excellent place to start any beginner diving course. If one can master the skills in such poor conditions then when faced with crystal blue waters it will be a much easier task than vice versa.

Here's a recent video of an Octopus we found and followed for a while :D:D:D

And Here's a video of a Lobster :)

Hey folks, we just had an amazing dive experience in Hong Kong!

We encountered a Green Sea Turtle!!! On our ascend to the surface at the end of our 2nd dive of the day this beautiful Sea Turtle comes swimming past us! Its the first time we ever seen a Turtle in Hong Kong waters! What a lucky day! See the video we managed to capture below :)

[video=youtube_share;lo1Pf6HZJ3U]http://youtu.be/lo1Pf6HZJ3U[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom