Work horse ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robgordon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just destroyed my third Canon G10 (G11 and now G12) camera with Cannon housing. A lot due to operator error, wear and tear, and the last sprung a deep leak through the housing and only picked up at about 20 m. Sigh. Great camera, probably needed to pay more attention to servicing the housing :(.
Camera is /was in frequent use and I do a LOT of macro. Perhaps I should look at a camera and housing which is more user serviceable, able to handle depth and pretty frequent use (+/- once a week at least) and tougher. What would I look at ...

Has any one and opinion they could share. I had a set of YS 100 strobes but one has flooded and the other too bulky. I like the ys - strobe range. Any opinions there?

Thank you

Big Rob :confused:

Maybe more to do with your preperation routine.
Where, When, and What do you do to set up your gear?

I dove an A570IS every week in an Ikelite housing, frequently deeper than 100ft. Never any issues in about 4 years of use. I now dive a Canon G16 also in an Ikelite housing, same schedule, same depths. Again, no issues. I personally have no problems at all with Ikelite gear.

Thanks for the replies.
I do like the flexibility that the Cannon G range cameras have. I will have a look at the Iklite housing. Pre-dive preparation is normally fairly comprehensive. Found the leak through the function set knob - O ring had worn I guess and only leaked at depth so "tank" test did not reveal the leak.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom