How to mount Inon lens holders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgurp

Registered
Reaction score
I bought my self a new set (partly second hand). Now I bought an Inon lens holder for my inon ucl-165, but there's no place for it. Anyone got any idea how to do this? I thought about making a hole in the flexible arm, but not sure if this will work (and I don't want to ruin the arm).
See attached photos for my setup
7f955a0d8ad1f1bed21b8deaa896a6b4.jpg

32537f1e62028482ed43b1eeb9b89946.jpg

Thanks

I have the same macro lens however I have it mounted with a flip diopter from Nauticam. Have a search on Ocean Optical's website or contact them to see if your camera is compatible. Flip attaches to my camera then I can flip open and closed my macro lens rather than screwing it on and off underwater, much more safe and secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are designed to fit over the truss type arms, something which you don't have. Realistically, about the only place you have to mount it would be by drilling a hole vertically down through the far end of the tray which would leave your lens pointing downward. Not so much a problem but you have to be very careful not to scratch the lens.

No matter which route you choose, be sure and tether the lens or eventually you will find yourself saying goodbye to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom