suit and fins color, does it matter ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahmed Yahya

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
does the suit or fins color matter at all ? is there any particular color to avoid because it scares fish away or attracts sharks may be ?

I think it does. When I wear yellow fins I seem to attract fish bites. Even had a moray get me one day. I have only ever worn a black shorty; so, I don't know about that.

I think it does. When I wear yellow fins I seem to attract fish bites. Even had a moray get me one day. I have only ever worn a black shorty; so, I don't know about that.

i have a pair of blue fins and it attracts sohal surgeon's bites as well. i am not sure but may be its not the color , may the fish is just in a bad mood :)

i take it that there is no favorite or forbidden color when it comes to underwater photography, what do you think ?

The Navy quit using yellow life jackets after finding out that sharks like the yum yum yellow color.

Get red fins, as they are faster. That applies to motorcycles too, so it must be true :)

Do you prefer to look like James Bond or Ronald McDonald?

I think colors are more for human's personal preferences, not nature's responses.

My GF is all about purple. Her fly fishing reel, rod ascent thread, rod case vest and fishing hat are all purple. Most days she will out fish me. Her dive mask, 3mm & 5mm booties, gloves, BCD, rash guards, wetsuits, and fins are all purple.

Back
Top Bottom