indonesia&malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love the lighting on the eel at the end. Great teeth.

Nice! Who did you dive with on Mabul?

Great shots, love the trutles and the cuttles :) This is all with an olympus XZ-1? Mind telling us more about your setup? Also would be interested to hear which sites in Mabul dived

Eric
Great shots.
Post some more and tell us where, with what, and setup.
Thanks again

Thanks everybody! I used the Olympus xz-1 with a Inon S2000 strobe. At most pictures I also used the Nauticam Wetmate Domeport. That proved to be a very usefull wetlens. It restores the air field of view of 28 mm and it also seems like it make the image a bit sharper. For whale sharks and big schools of fish I have the Inon UWL H100. I planned to use that lens for sippadan (but there was no sipadan for me). I also should have used this lens for the manta's at Nusa Lembongan, because they came very very close. But for most situations I like the wetmate domeport. For Macro shots like the two nudibranches I used theInon UCL 165. The thing with these lenses is that they also are light weight so its easy to bring both. Just hang one in a neoprene bag at my camera, and change when nessecery.
For my settings: for nearly all shots I use F5.6 (only for macro F8) and 1/160 (only for macro 1/125). It will usualy keep the subject wel lit and the background nice dark blue. For the other things just the general things like: getting as close as possible, shooting from low to high whenever posible, trying to stay low to the bottom and hold breath sometimes to not scare the fish (although thats sometimes not all in your own hand if you dive with a group...). Oh, and shoot in RAW of course, that way you can change the white ballance later.
At Mabul I dived with Sipadan Dive Centre. They had some decent accomodation for a relativly good price. They didn't had any permits for sipadan but the other diveshops didn't either. Well, actualy Billabong had a permit for me, but later in the evening they took it back and returned my money because the guy who canceled, later decided to go there anyway. The diving around mabul is also quit interesting with lots of macro stuff, turtles, morray eels and also big groupers.
I will put some more pictures of this trip and my two trips to the Philippines at Flickr later.
Greetings, Eric

Love the crocodile fish, nice job!

Scott Gietler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom