Advice on 5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amc717

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a 5060. Haven't read that much review. Can you provide me with sound advice about the 5060?

I'm very happy with mine. I wasn't an Olympus devotee before I got the 5060 so I can't tell you how it compares with other models. Before this though I had a Sony P-8 which I was quite happy with and produced some nice shots but the Olympus is so much better in so many respects. The colour quality is very good, the resolution is clear, it's easy to use and although there are a lot of functions you can get around them and used to them without too much bother. I know that a few people have had reservations about the non standard battery but so far the battery life has been great, 2 - 3 dives, and my only complaint is that I don't get to use it underwater near as much as I'd like.

amc717:
I'm considering buying a 5060. Haven't read that much review. Can you provide me with sound advice about the 5060?
I really am getting good results with mine. I have 2 256 cards in it and was getting 75-90 snaps per card on high quallity. The battery lasted at least 3 dives, but I charged it after the 3rd dive each time. The strobe was showing 1/3 battery life after 3 dives, and that was close to 180 flashes (always on TTL). I suggest you go w/ the Ike housing. I have not heard much good about the pt 020. If you would like I can send you some pictures I have taken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom