GoPro Live Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone found a case that allows HDMI and USB (power) pass through that is waterproof to at least 30' for GoPros? I have an opportunity for a video broadcast class that I teach to live video stream a statewide high school underwater ROV competition and, being a diver, I naturally thought it would be cool to provide the vantage point of an underwater viewer. I found one case that looks like it would do the trick but the price makes it prohibitive and the availability appears uncertain. If this is all that's out there, then that is my only option. I did a search here and nothing popped out at me. If anyone has any suggestions, my class and I would be appreciative!

Todd

I assume you are looking at eye of mine. Other than doing it yourself I think they are the only ones. Not so expensive at $300 or so. Commercial camera versions are at least 50x that.
Bill

From my searches, I was afraid they may be the only game in town. Anyone have tips on making my own? I have been thinking of getting a Hero 4, so flooding my Hero 3 in an attempt to make my own housing isn't terribly upsetting.

Unfortunately to get the video into our switcher, it needs to be presented in either HDMI (for conversion to HD-SDI) or straight HD-SDI. I've seen the quality of the video from the camera's wireless connection and I don't feel it would be broadcast quality. We could use the wireless connection, display it on a device, and take video out from the device into the switcher, but we're looking for a little higher quality if we can get it. Unfortunately this is another case of: "Good, fast, or cheap -- pick any two."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom