Nauticam CMC-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaticexplorer15

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got the new Nauticam CMC-1 for my Olympus XZ-2. I am new to shooting macro. When have the camera set to wide it vignette a great deal. I have to zoom in .8 before it goes away. When I had the Inon UCL 165 m67 I didn't have to zoom in at all. It seems to focus real close but I am starting to wonder if I should have double stacked the Inon UCL 165 m67 or is this going to be better?

You should have the camera on macro and zoom in for best magnification. The CMC is quite a bit stronger than the Inon.

When using strong diopters such as the CMC you will most likely have black corners (serious vignetting) when not zoomed in. That is completely natural and would have happened with the stacked UCL-165's as well.
The optimal way of using a macro wet lens is zooming all the way in, to get the maximum magnification. If you find that difficult at first, you can zoom out slightly (as long as no vignetting appears) and that should make the shot easier to nail.
Remember that the CMC provides about 3 times the magnification you had with your Inon...

You got the right lens and once you master it you will get some incredible shots! Good luck :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom