New FREE Handbooks on Underwater Photography Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Two NEW FREE Handbooks join our Basics of Better UW Photography Series and are now in our Optical Ocean Sales Resource Center. These downloadable Acrobat files are easy-to-read with lots of photos and illustrations to help you gain basic skills and understanding of these subjects.

Photo-Animals.jpg
The first new handbook is titled Photographing Animals and includes tips, tricks and help on getting great photos of underwater critters! How to improve your Luck, Skill, Knowledge, and Patience in taking underwater animal photos are just some of the areas shown and discussed.

Strobe-Position.sm.jpgThe second new Handbook is one everybody can use. Called Strobe Positioning it goes over most aspects of using artificial strobe lighting underwater in photography. The Handbook discusses light theory and equipment. It shows how, why and where to use both one and two strobes in macro and wide angle photos. This new guide includes many illustrations done by our own Margo Cavis and is a great resource for new and old underwater photographers.

Please download and share these free Handbooks with your dive buddies today!

Huge :thumb:.

These are great. Thank you!

Very cool! Thanks much!

Thanks Jack! These will certainly come in handy with the Aquatica housing and strobes I picked up from you. That setup has increased my enjoyment of underwater photography.

Kosta

These are great! Thanks! I'd love to see one on packing camera equipment for travel (what should go on top and what goes down below the plane)!

Thanks...these look great.

Thanks gang, for all the kind comments and "likes". We appreciate it. We do spend a lot of time on these and strive to make them useful.

Be sure to check out all of the rest of the Handbooks as well as the Articles section - we do have some new ones there as well.

Next up is a guide to "Shooting Video with "still" cameras", and a overview for "Choosing an Underwater Camera and Housing". We hopefully will have those done soon.

I like the suggestion for "Packing for a Dive Trip" handbook and will start thinking about it.

If you have other requests or comments, please let us know!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom