5060 low light focusing / display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howard4113

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been using a Nikon 4300 for a while now and I'm just not happy with the focus speed/ability. Also on my last trip to the keys the display was barely readable in shallow reef dives (overpowered by the sunlight). I'm considering a 5060 to replace the 4300. Any comments on how the 5060 (or other digis) focus in low light, and display brightness?

TIA
Mark

howard4113:
I've been using a Nikon 4300 for a while now and I'm just not happy with the focus speed/ability. Also on my last trip to the keys the display was barely readable in shallow reef dives (overpowered by the sunlight). I'm considering a 5060 to replace the 4300. Any comments on how the 5060 (or other digis) focus in low light, and display brightness?

TIA
Mark

They all struggle in low light. And are not even going to be very fast as far as shutter lag etc. Just inherent in the way they work. But as far as I'm concerned using the half button push to pre-focus makes them quick enough about .1 secs. For macro stuff you need some luck and patience. Just wait.

As far as the 5060 is concerned it wil be far better than the 4300 in terms of the display problems. It, like the 5050 has a shade on the housing for just this problem. If you dont intend on adding any lenses soon get the 5060 as it is wider and a better UW camera for the fact alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom