Saturday's Aliwal Shoal Dive (15/05/04)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShoalDiverSA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Had very low visibility on Saturday. Dropped to 4m at times. Lots of plankton in the water, which attracted a large crew of Manta Rays. They swam around the boat, but unfortunately we could not swim with them before the dive due to time constraints :(.

Here are some of the pics from the dive. The Lionfish was a good subject as always. The shot is a bit dark (no strobe), but I am hesitant to post-process too much. If I make a hardcopy, I will tweak it a bit.

I don't know why I like the shot of the Juvenile Redfang Triggerfishes, but I do. The water is not particularly clear and there is a green background. I am not going to try to add red, because the white coral tips will turn pink. This one will have to stay as it is... It must be the attitude that they displayed - as aggro as their parents. Glad they were in focus (for once!).

The Paperfish (Leaffish) was the bonus of the dive. Snapped off 6 shots of which this one is the best. Finally an in-focus shot of this fish. I am posting my previous effort for a laugh.

Two octopus shots from the dive will be posted in the Camouflage section.

(My first dive with rechargeable RCR-V3 batteries :thumbs_up - but more on that later)

Cheers,

Andrew

PS: Don't steal my photos, or I will sic Leesa on you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom