the art of nudibranch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a suggestion. In Photoshop, mask the nudi, then dodge in the background (upper part of pic). Effectively reducing the exposure of the background 1-2 stops. This will separate the nudi & make it stand out more. Other than that a great shot.

wow i agree... a very nice shot but it does seem "flat" now that jcclink mentions it.

what i love most about it is the texture of the nudi... feels
like you can "touch it"

I'd also dodge in the yellow blob to the lower left edge of the nudi...it's very distracting.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Now all I have to do is learn to the dodge thing!

I was going for the texture and "realness" of the nudi, but an abstract with the rest of the photo...sounds like I have it almost just need more work! It's a great learning shot for me.

The texture is there but the focus is showing here as kind of soft, don't know if the originals shows that.

I have selected this image because it isn't an ID shot etc and his rhinos/gills aren't razor sharp but to me it already had that kind of surreal, abstract feeling to it. The original is sharper, but not perfect.

I am trying to create some images to compliment the drawings my sister does from my images - recently in coloured pencil - so nice and soft but wonderfully evocative, sea-dreamy, escapist.

I also have some that I am using as sharp contrast to hers - reality versus perception. Those are the sharper photographic images.

This is something very different for me, getting more in creative art from an image rather than photo first then art - if that makes sense...maybe i am just rambling! It's all learning!

Keep the comments coming, this is great to hear what others see!

I'd love to see some of my photos done as drawings. Lucky you!

I think the creative art aspect you're doing is great. A different aspect is always welcome and refreshing!

I really like when sis takes from my photos - some are recognizable, some are inspirational and others, well, she says they came from the photos but I have a hard time seeing it. That's why she's the artist in the family!

Thanks for all the input so far...not only do I like the new ideas, but I like to hear your reactions, too!

I played around with it a bit. darkened and smudged the background and sharpened the nudi.
he pops out a bit more now

Back
Top Bottom