manual white balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been playing around with the manual white balance and notice that my pictures get pinkish/purplish towards the edge...what am I doing wrong?

I'd like to know, too. I've got several that are perfect on one side and pinkish on the other. Or in some of them it's just a corner.

Dee:
I'd like to know, too. I've got several that are perfect on one side and pinkish on the other. Or in some of them it's just a corner.
exactly :06:

Like this one....

adb.sized.jpg

I love the flounder/sole - can never remember which is which!

Do a lot of your white balanced shots have this? I wonder if it a background thing when you shoot towards sand? Maybe where the sun is? Don't know but will be reading this with interest as I haven't done any of these shots yet.

I tried fixing the color but just made it worse. B&W is the only other way to go.

alcina:
I love the flounder/sole - can never remember which is which!

Do a lot of your white balanced shots have this? I wonder if it a background thing when you shoot towards sand? Maybe where the sun is? Don't know but will be reading this with interest as I haven't done any of these shots yet.

Yup they do...some even have it on both sides...I crop it, but not always does it work...loose too much of the picture...Lets wait until the "Whitebalance Guru" appears and gives us the answer...lol

Dee:
I tried fixing the color but just made it worse. B&W is the only other way to go.
Try using you PI! program to make the black and white, then go back to PSE and run the auto levels....you'll be surpised at your results.

No, not all of mine do. That's what's frustrating, I can't seem to see a pattern. Some of the best ones, those with the truest natural colors, were when I calibrated using a patch of sand. I'm pretty sure that's what I used in this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom