having a behavior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
This turtle came straight from the cleaning station, landed in the sand and started flapping like mad - covering himself with sand. Wonder why. Any ideas?

Image by justleesa (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Image by justleesa (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

justleesa:
Oh yeah, I used manual white balance and still have the pink think going on....

Do you have that pink in other pictures? This interests me because when i white balance manually as well, i have a heavy read zone at the bottom of my sensor - not light related because i get the same thing if i hold it vertically as well.

steve

Camoflage? Dirt bath? Got me!

We never did find out what that pink tinge is caused by, did we?

Dee:
...We never did find out what that pink tinge is caused by, did we?
There was a lot of speculation but no conclusive answer.

Lisa - your creatures are really putting on shows for you lately!! Your photos have captured some excellent actions...jealous :)

I don't remember ever seeing a conclusive answer to the pink/purple hue with white balance...and I can't remember if it was narrowed to just the 5050 or if others with other cameras were seeing it, too? I don't use white balance so can't check any of mine...

Itchy after being picked over?

alcina:
I don't remember ever seeing a conclusive answer to the pink/purple hue with white balance...and I can't remember if it was narrowed to just the 5050 or if others with other cameras were seeing it, too? I don't use white balance so can't check any of mine...

hmmmm.... I have a theory....When I set my manual white balance I hold the white "whateverIhave" at arms length and press the ok button. Now I have the strobe, The WAL and 2 handles on the camera so this in not an easy task - holding the slate in one hand and holding the 10lb camera in the other AND THEN pressing the OK button...when I press ok and see, for that split millisecond, the white background there might be a shadow to the one edge, or two. I think that could throw off the setting for that area....What'da'ya think?

it was an ostrich in a past life?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom