Ningaloo magic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Been away for a few days as I had the chance to hop a once in a lifetime, never to be repeated (I have it on very good authority :eyebrow:) two day, one night trip. It was totally mind blowing. I haven't looked at all of the photos yet, but these two experiences really stood out in my mind so I had a quick look for them and thought I would post them as a bit of a teaser. More images and more details coming soon!

This shot was persistence...the little guys were a bit camera shy and I seem to have few that are wonderful examples of fish butts...but if you wait, they will turn around! I have cropped the original to 4x6 as I wanted to print a postcard size out...but I think I can do a better crop at a later time.

And what would one of my dives be without an eel?? The dentists were really trying to get him to open up, but he was a little resistant :)

Wow, very, very nice pictures. What did you take them with?

My set-up: Oly 5050, Oly PT015 housing, INON 220s strobe, INON WAL, INON 165 macro lenses (one hasn't been wet yet and only used the first one for about three shots so far!) - will try to add it to my signature thingy...

Thanks for the info. The colours look great, very vivid
When you get the rest sorted out please post up some more :)

Great shots, awaiting the rest.
Is the strobe going well, easy to get good exposures. Since I sold my D180S I'm still a little undecided on getting a D180 or Z220S. Have you checked that you get all 11 exposure steps when you use the camera without the preflash?

Very nice!!!!! That's my very favorite place to dive

Those are really awesome shots...though i could say that my favorite one is the eel. thanks for sharing

Thanks for the kind words!

LukeRob...I am using all settings on the strobe and find them quite intuitive after seeing what they do the first time.

baitedstorm...where did you dive on the Ningaloo and when? I love it!

Maybe tomorrow I will have time to get some more up...

Have you checked that you get all 11 exposure steps when you use the camera without the preflash?
Hey luke, the D180 does, that's how I shoot mine. I leave my A70 in manual, set the strobe to work in manual (with the magnet thingy) then actually set the the strobe to "auto" and use the strobes "aperture control" to set the strobe power. Works great this way, much more choices than shooting in M, M-2, M-3, or M-4. Just remember that when the strobe is set to operate in manual mode, the focus/modeling lamp does not go out during the exposure so do not leave it on always. Set it for the mode where you press the button on the strobe and the focus/modeling lamp turns on for 8 seconds, use that 8 seconds to aim strobe and focus, the shoot when focus/modeling lamp goes out. Works like a charm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom