Help! Camera decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrissie

Reaction score
I currently have an Olympus C-720 digital camera. I am trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and get a housing for it ($600) or to get a cheaper camera and housing ($300 - 350 range) to use for just underwater. I have already upgraded to a Nikon D70 for above-ground pictures.

I bought the DC300 by Reefmaster and plan on bringing it back. I was not impressed with the quality of the camera or the above-ground pictures I took with it.

I don't want to break the bank as we have just spent $3200 on diving equipment for my husband and I.

What would you suggest for a good quality underwater camera unit?

We are leaving for our cruise this weekend, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Chrissie

Tough choice on the cameras, a wise choice to return that POS Reefmaster. The Nikon will be big bucks to house while the Olympus is a little cheaper still quite expensive and it's only a 3 megapixel camera.

My suggestion would be a Canon A95 which is a 5 megapixel and will run a little over $300 and another $200 to get a UW housing. That's still less than housing the Olympus and you get a better camera.

I just read your leaving this weekend. That will be tough to get anything by then. Enough money and maybe it could be done. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom