Andrea Doria photo - need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania

Cousin Itt
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody has his own photo of Andrea Doria? If yes could you give it to me with the copyrights? I need it for a publication in Poland - of course the name of the author will be given.
I'll be grateful for your help.
Mania

I understand that my post could be misleading. Of course what I mean is that the author will be paid but unfortunatelly I can't afford a lot of money :((((
I need this picture to be published in a book.
Mania

wish I could help you, but sadly I can't...hope that you get a picture

before or after her sinking?

Hmm, a lawyer might be able to help you but since she sank in 1956 any copyrights on photos from then have expired UNLESS the copyright holder had the copyright renewed. Of course, this is US law, don't know about photos taken in Italy or any other country.

What country is the book being published in? Do yoiu have to comply with US law?

Good luck.

If you google Andrea Doria you will find plenty of pictures usually with some reference to someone's collection. I have no idea if they want lots of money or not.

Otter:
If you google Andrea Doria you will find plenty of pictures usually with some reference to someone's collection. I have no idea if they want lots of money or not.
I will try that but first i thought I try here as there is a chance that somebody has a photo of this ship.

MikeC:
What country is the book being published in? Do yoiu have to comply with US law?
Book will be published in Poland. We as a country that for ages had a total disregard of the copyrights now has a law that is even more strict than the US one.
Mania

Book will be published in Poland. We as a country that for ages had a total disregard of the copyrights now has a law that is even more strict than the US one.

Check this link, US Copyright, some info there. Poland and the US has some agreement on copyrights, so I guess you must honor them.

What is the law if the copyright has expired?

MikeC:
What is the law if the copyright has expired?
According to the Polish law copyright expire after 50 year which clearly is not yet a case.
Mania

Back
Top Bottom