Great White Shark on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This photo was taken by an unknown dive customer on B&B Scuba's boat last Tuesday (1/4) at Reef's End, Molokini, Maui. The shark is a Great White estimated to be 14 feet long. They are rarely seen in Hawaiian waters.This photo was sent to me by another dive boat owner/operator.

greatwhite.jpg

Lionfish and Tigers and Great Whites, oh my!

Its amazing, a GW needs only to be in a photograph to make it eary!

Gilligan, I think you're gonna need a bigger boat.

and see that thing go underneath....

PADDLE FASTER... FASTER!

Wow! That's unreal! I heard about him being seen but I hadn't gotten the chance to see a picture yet. Just another reason to bring your camera on every dive!! I wonder where it's at now? Has it been reported by anyone else?

Shaka Doug:
Wow! That's unreal! I heard about him being seen but I hadn't gotten the chance to see a picture yet. Just another reason to bring your camera on every dive!! I wonder where it's at now? Has it been reported by anyone else?

Not that I know of Doug. I stopped in at B&B this morning and verified the story. The photographer supposedly had a cheap snapshot camera.

If you zoom in on the area just forward of the gills, it looks like this one tangled with another shark at some time in it's life. I have a few of those bite marks from mating dances myself.:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom