Dive trip @ Molasses Reef in Key Largo, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i took my camera with me to key largo for my dive trip vacation last week. i only took my camera for one day, and turns out the battery died quickly. well, learn my lesson to get backup batteries (only wish they werent that expensive)

here's a few pics of molasses reef in key largo if you care to see them.

http://www.yukoneer.com/misc/molassesreef3-2-05/index.html

quality of photos also somewhat suck. It was my first time taking pics underwater, the flash is ineffective within 2 feet away, so I need to practice more taking up real close shots without scaring fish away.

Hey Yukoneer I've been taking underwaters for about 5 years now and my general rule of thumb is that if I get at least one photo per dive that is nice enough to blow up and hang then I feel satisfied. I see some great enlargable shots with #'s 1, 6, 7 and 15. There were so many other shots that were really nicely framed but as you mentioned need either better flash fill ins (or a little magic from photoshops editing software). You show a very good ability to frame your subject at depth. Please tell us that your nut. boy. skills are as good as your composition skills so that we know that you are a fellow diver first and photographer second who believes there is NEVER a photo that is more important then bumping into coral or stiring up water for the rest of us honored guests behind you. 'scuse me while I jump off the soap box long enough to advise keep you to diving and taking these photos, you certainly were able to capture your experience on film. So many divers say they just never could fine a functional way to explain our experience underwater in words......Steve from maine
yukoneer:
i took my camera with me to key largo for my dive trip vacation last week. i only took my camera for one day, and turns out the battery died quickly. well, learn my lesson to get backup batteries (only wish they werent that expensive)

here's a few pics of molasses reef in key largo if you care to see them.

http://www.yukoneer.com/misc/molassesreef3-2-05/index.html

quality of photos also somewhat suck. It was my first time taking pics underwater, the flash is ineffective within 2 feet away, so I need to practice more taking up real close shots without scaring fish away.

Looks like some very nice results to me...I think you might be being a bit hard on yourself, there!

For batteries - you can't go wrong with rechargeables. The non-recharge ones are next to useless for digital. I have the Sanyo 2300's among others and can easily get two 60+ minute dives with the screen on out of them.

Looking forward to more!

Is that your first trial?
Well I think you did a very good job.

Back
Top Bottom