NEED Help with Sony Marine MPK-F40 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

velasced:
Do you know what model of cameras will work with my Marine Pak?
I just saw one like yours on EBay today. In the auction they list the cameras that the housing has adapter plates for. So I assume they're the models that will fit in your housing. The models they list are: (CCD-) v88/v11, ma-01. v90/v9 and f340/f40

Link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50506&item=7518264452&rd=1

Any chance I can get a compatible Hi8 in this housing?
I doubt it, after the F/V series of cameras were produced, Sony redesigned the body and relocated the lens to the left side for the TR series of 8MM/HI8 cameras.

Also aren't the controls manual on the housing? They're specifically positioned to align with the controls on the cameras the housing was designed for.

velasced:
Hi Sjspeck,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It seems like there are some Sanyo cameras pretty similar to the Sony. But I do not know the model no. Well hopefully sony will be able to repair the one I have.

Thanks
Ed
I don't either, but the Sanyo model #'s will start with VM. Most(all?)of their 8MM cameras did. Some of them were re-labeled Sony camcorders in that era, so they'll probably look identical to yours. Try searching on eBay for Sanyo 8MM, it will probably show any listed.

You might get an older working Sony camera on Ebay for less than you'll be charged by Sony to repair yours. The Sony SW service center here charges $60 before they'll even start work. Assuming they still have the parts...

I do occasionally see CCD-V9's on eBay for under $100. They were an early pro-sumer model, some people still use them.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom