Meg Tooth Cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know soaking them in 50% white vinager will help clean them but chime in on your procedures on what you do? Does anyone apply something to the teeth to help "brighten" them afterward?

I was told to not use the white vinegar, but Apple Cider Vinegar, which I have and it works great. You may have to leave them soak over night, but it does do the trick. Also, Amourall works good for shining them up.

You can polish them with a jewelers rouge. They sell it at Home D near the hand tools if Im not mistaken. You can also coat them with a mixture of polyvinyl acetate. Mix it very thin to be able to spray it on. You can also check out the Florida Paleontological Society and get what is called Butvar.

Cause they look like crap if you don't spruce them up some.

No they don't. I have lots of megs, I've used vinegar on some of them to remove shell growth, but I've never polished any of them, yet they all look much better than the ones I've seen ruined by polishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom