New Scuba Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squishy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, I am not sure if this is the right thread in which to post this, but I wanted to pass along a suggestion for a new book on Scuba.

Bill Matthies owns and operates the Minnesota School of Diving in Brainerd, MN and has been diving for over 50 years. At one time, he did a series of radio shows about diving and underwater recoveries and discoveries. He recently pulled all those stories together in a book.

Bill was one of the earliest PADI dive instructors, in fact, his instructor number is 79, and he is one of the pioneers of diving in the Midwest. On top of that, he is really a great guy! The book is full of stories and pictures that I am sure you will enjoy. I was in his shop this past weekend, filled my tanks, and picked up the book and am already a couple hundred pages into it.

The book is called: "One Earth Two Worlds".

Here is a link to an article about it: Albert Lea Tribune | Book explores ?Two Worlds?

I am not sure where (or if) you can buy it online, but you can buy it from his shop. Here is a link to the merchandise page.
MSD Online Store It says that you can order it by calling the shop. (1-800-OK-SCUBA)

Anyway... I thought I would put in a plug for his book here. He is a great guy and the book is very interesting.

Thanks!
-Mike-

Back
Top Bottom