A history of Shipwreck Diving on Koh Tao....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ayeshacantrell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I posted this yesterday in the Thailand section - so apologies for the double post but I thought you wreck diving buffs might find this interesting too. Koh Tao is a small island in Thailand and I have been fortunate to dive many of the wrecks around here over the last few years. I put this together from my own experience. It was definitely fun to write and look through all the photographs too.....hopefully you will enjoy it too...

The History of Shipwreck Diving on Koh Tao, Thailand. « Diving « Diving On Koh Tao « Master Divers

cool article there Ayesha, I think it is neat that MV Trident continues to serve divers and what a fitting resting place for it. What are some of the more "interesting" finds you have come across while exploring wrecks on the inside? For me, anything military would be just awesome~! not weapons, but utensils, etc. I want to find a prop or just one blade of a prop since I work in aerospace, that would be cool.

Bit of a coincidence, but I saw the Trident sinking on National Geographic channel this evening - some documentary about the sinking of USS Kittyhawk in the Caymans...and shock-surprise... there was some ACE Marine footage of the Trident going down...

Had many a pleasant dive off that vessel. Happy days!

Ayesha,
Thanks for taking the time to write the article, very informative. I love the Koh Tao vibe, and can't wait to go back, the island vibe is better than the diving!! Good to see a couple accessible wrecks close to the island. I'll be sure to drop in to Master Divers for a Singa when next there. While the link here takes you straight to the article, I found it a bit harder to find via your website, tucked away in the blog area. I think it would be deserving of a link in the dive site area.
Safe diving

Thanks for you comments !

We relaunched our website less than a year ago and its constantly being updated and revised with great input from comments like yours - so thanks.

We were thinking of using that page in the website proper but maybe more in our tech diving section as it might fit better there.

I have recently created a Top 10 posts page to which sits to the top right of the blog which makes the most sought after and popular posts easier to find - hopefully - and it is one of those.

Top 10 posts, inspired by diving on Koh Tao, with Master Divers ! « Koh Tao Life « Master Divers

Pop in for that Singha when you are here - always good to meet fellow SBers....

Ayesha

Very very cool. Hopefully I'll get back to Koh Tao soon and actually get to dive this time. I Loved the snorkeling but didn't see any wrecks. Next time I'll definitely check out some different sights at different sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom