looking for the best submarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnominic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was thinking of making a trip to New Jersey to check out the submarine. Yeah, I know there are several up there, but only one German submarine within or close enough to recreational limits. Then I thought, maybe there is a better place to go see a submarine. Looking for all the normal stuff, quality of the boat, intactness, water depth and clarity. So, calling all opinionated divers. Sell me on your favorite german submarine dive!

Thanks in advance.

-dennis

all the normal stuff, quality of the boat, intactness, water depth and clarity. So, calling all opinionated divers. !

Go to Chicago, put a mask on and walk through the Type IX U-505. Or, go to Germany and do the same in the Type VII U-995 in Laboe or the Type XXI U-2540 in Bremerhaven.

If you want U-boats on the US East Coast that are within rec range, you have U-853 off of Block Island RI,U-1105 in Md, U-85, U-352, and U-701 off of North Carolina.

Of the 4, U-352 and U-85 are the easiest to get to for most of the year, U-853 has boats running onlu for the May-September time frame and Late August and September will be a toss up due to weather. U-1105 has no charter dive boats running to it and vis can be zero up in the river.

For Intactness, that are all now 62-69 years on the bottom but U-1105 is the most intact, but you can't see much, so I would go for U-85 for best access and most intact.

The U-352 in North Carolina is a dive that is only 110' deep.

Worth the dive. U-352

Thanks for the info guys. I may make a road trip this summer, St Andrews jetty; venice, fl for shark teeth; West Palm for the Blue Heron bridge; NC for U-352; NY for non-diving; then Michigan for fishing and paddling and maybe some diving.

-dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom