Where's our Savannah fossil divers at?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AeroMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, today I finalized the paperwork for a career move. As some of you know, I used to work in Savannah, georgia as an engineer for Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. I left them back in 2007 to get in on the ground floor of Boeing and the new composite 787 Dreamliner. to date, I have helped to build 70 of the 787 Dreamliners but Gulfstream has been contacting me to come back for a special project. Well, they finally made it worth my while and I accepted a position with them so it looks like I am heading back to Savannah.

First off, I will still continue to dive the rivers in Charleston, that will not change at all just my drive is longer, lol But.......I will need to meet some local Savannah fossil divers and start diving down there also.

Maybe GOD is telling me something since I never did sell my house in Rincon, so I am heading home I guess. I still want to sell that house and find a house in Richmond Hill though. My son is not looking to go back... he is getting ready to start high school and leaving his buddies but he is good about making new friends so I have faith he'll be alright, lol

So, I start my new job on April the 16th, so if you are a Savannah fossil diver, get ahold of me, I will actually be a bachelor until the summer so I need no excuse at all to dive!!!! LOL

Maybe Pond Skipper will come back online Mike. He lives in Savannah. He dove the Cooper with us last summer Here is a video of a Megalodon tooth he brought to share. He had a bunch of them. He finds them in Savannah.

[video=youtube;bJBRmuzoJ0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBRmuzoJ0c[/video]

I've lived in Savannah for about 4 years now, currently in Egypt, back to Sav in a few day for a little bit, then on to Texas, then hopefully back to Sav again for good. I've always wanted to dive the Cooper and the rivers in Savannah, but never found anyone else who was willing...

We dove the Cooper River two years ago and have signed up for another trip this June. I would be interested in hearing about where you can dive for fossils near Savannah. My grandparents lived on Wilmington Island and I am familiar with the rivers and creeks near the sounds. Lots of very deep black mud in that area.

I participated in a dredge operation further up the Savannah River, near Aiken SC, on a University of South Carolina dig for paleo indian artifacts last year. We found gravel beds, but they were under several feet of mud, hence the dredge. We found a lot of artifacts, but no fossils.

Is there an area where the current scrubs the bottom like the Cooper River?

I'm looking for buddies to dive with searching for teeth & artifacts. I've been in the cooper a few times, but I'm open to diving location. I'll be driving down from N GA, towing boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom