Titanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NSMEDIC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's bee 100 years today when the Titanic sunk. I am out of Halifax, Nova Scotia and we have a large Titanic connection, not as big as Belfast or Liverpool. Also Halifax was a filming location for the film Titanic. I don't know what I'm trying to say but they call the Doria The everest of Dives..I think Titanic would be the moon.

I was watching a Nat. Geo. show with Ballard and how he fears that the wreck would be, in time, picked clean. He went on to say that when he found it, if he just took 1 object from the ocean floor he would have had salvage rights to it. Right now there is a for-profit group that takes stuff from it. I can understand his reasoning for not wanting to disturb the wreck, but I think taking 1 object then is a lot better than the amount of objects RMS Titanic Inc. has taken from the ship wreck. I sincerely feel that may be his greatest mistake he feels he made about the wreck.

It's now a UNESCO eritage site so nothing can be removed form the shipwreck

Yeah but who will enforce that? Are they going to keep a ship of police out there?
I saw on the Disc Channel that some Russian companies are running guided tours there.

Yeah but who will enforce that? Are they going to keep a ship of police out there?
I saw on the Disc Channel that some Russian companies are running guided tours there.

Exactly, and Ballard made mention of this. One thing they are looking at is underwater AOVs as a sort of senty. I did find out an interesting note. Many people view the ship as the 1500 grave, yet most of them died at the surface after exiting the ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom