2nd Dive day at old spot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamsharky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This was last week's dive finds at a spot I had given up on. Apparently some new teeth were exposed. Of interest is the almost 4 inch meg and the 2.75 inch benedini. Nice colors on these. Also check out the drum fish plate, never found one with a tooth still in it. You can also see near the top of the drum plate that there is one about to erupt. Did not know there were actually teeth under the bony plate. Good Hunting Yall!

Attachments

• DSC09838.jpg
    DSC09838.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC09843.jpg
    DSC09843.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC09842.jpg
    DSC09842.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC09840.jpg
    DSC09840.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC09839.jpg
    DSC09839.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 108
Nice find Sharky...Been looking for a drum fish plate for years [haven't even come close]......nice deformed tooth too....Where'd you find them ????

Thanks J2S; found near Savannah. That is only the 3rd plate I have found in 8 years of diving, so I guess they are pretty rare. If you notice that tooth, that is something to me, that is indistinguishable from a river pebble. Or maybe that's what all those river pebbles that I have been seeing for years are. I guess the plate had a tooth on the outside and another set on the inside ready to come out when needed?? Happy Hunting!!

I've got to make a point of spending at least a few weeks in that area....I've seen too many pics of 'unusual stuff' coming out of there not to..Good luck in the future......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom