Salvage Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Does anyone think there is a need for a salvage forum in the underwater activities and specialties section?

For those of us that do that kind of work for a living, it would be interesting to read about other divers adventures.

I can't really post about my salvage work. At least not at this time.

Not to mention... There's not that much activity in this particular forum (Underwater Treasures) to require another hardly used forum (if you as me as administrator)

However... if enough people seem interested, there can be one.

For those of us that do that kind of work for a living, it would be interesting to read about other divers adventures.

That would be a good thing but I was also thinking it would be a good resource for people wanting to salvage something for the first time. Reading through the commercial diving forum I have found that there are more sport divers asking about commercial diving then there are commercial divers talking to each other.

---------- Post added ----------

I can't really post about my salvage work. At least not at this time.

Not to mention... There's not that much activity in this particular forum (Underwater Treasures) to require another hardly used forum (if you as me as administrator)

However... if enough people seem interested, there can be one.

I was thinking more in terms of this as its own forum in the underwater activities section rather then being a sub forum in underwater treasures. Even if you are not looking for some sort of treasure there is always someone coming to you asking to have something recovered. This area could also handle not just recovery but searching as well. Maybe a "search and recovery" forum would be more to the point then "salvage".

PS: If this area does not get that much traffic maybe a better place to ask this question would be in the basic or advanced forums.

Last edited:
i like the idea? i would be interested in following a forum about salvage and recovery..

I was thinking more in terms of this as its own forum in the underwater activities section rather then being a sub forum in underwater treasures. Even if you are not looking for some sort of treasure there is always someone coming to you asking to have something recovered. This area could also handle not just recovery but searching as well. Maybe a "search and recovery" forum would be more to the point then "salvage".

PS: If this area does not get that much traffic maybe a better place to ask this question would be in the basic or advanced forums.

You are welcome to post this in "Feedback" or http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/suggestions/ and see what kind of interest you get. If there seems to be enough interested parties, I'll figure out a good place for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom