tooth dives in Venice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnominic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So, I'm wondering how much Debby is stirring things up down south. Is it rough enough to uncover some new stuff?

I just bought a boat that is burning a hole in my pocket AND I have 28 days off! Somebody tell me if I should consider the trek to Venice...

xposted in FL section

My experience has been that storms in the area erode the beach spreading the sand out over the fossil beds. For the last two years the storms have seemed to really stir up the clay areas as well which causes a heavy silt layer to cover parts of the fossil beds. I'd keep an eye on the Venice forum to see what the locals and charters are saying. I believe the storms do a better job of turning over the fossils beds when the come in from the east and are fast moving. My experience is limited to a few dozen trips, so take this with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom